Thursday, March 11, 2010

Little Houses, Little Houses

The older I get, the more fascinated I am by the mundane.  Walking the red carpet may be more interesting, but flossing your teeth every day may be the harder thing to do.

I love finding homes and front yards like these and recording the image.  They're soothing. Nothing fancy.  Calm. Basic.  Easy to care for. Not a lot of fuss.  Straightforward: what you see is what you get.  

These houses do not wear their hearts on their sleeves. They don't communicate a whole lot about what's inside.


These are the cocoons, not the butterflies.


While there's no subterfuge, there's still a little mystery.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Berkeley, CA, United States
Being an unemployed mom made it possible for me to return to my first love: photography. I'm generally a crafty sort; love to knit, cook, make cards, you name it. I love hanging with my kid and the conversations that ensue. My husband is a sweetie and my friends are the best. Not an irresponsible one in the bunch. I would love to hear your comments, especially on my photographs.

Followers