Friday, March 12, 2010

This is a story about love

"Mom, can we stop talking and turn off the radio?  I want to think."
"Okay.  Will you tell me what you were thinking about after you think it?"
"Sure."
Silence.
Later: "What were you thinking about?"
"Well, I started telling myself a story.  I was sitting under an apple tree.  Maybe it was a pear tree.  Then I thought maybe it was an orange tree.  I like oranges but they make my tongue bumpy. By the time I was finished thinking, I was trying to decide which I like better, pandas or koalas.  Is bamboo a vegetable?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Berkeley, CA, United States
Being an unemployed mom made it possible for me to return to my first love: photography. I'm generally a crafty sort; love to knit, cook, make cards, you name it. I love hanging with my kid and the conversations that ensue. My husband is a sweetie and my friends are the best. Not an irresponsible one in the bunch. I would love to hear your comments, especially on my photographs.

Followers